The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA) is a United States federal law, enacted in 2004, that allows two classes of persons—the “qualified law enforcement officer” and the “qualified retired law enforcement officer” — to carry a concealed firearm in any jurisdiction in the United States, regardless of any state or local law to the contrary, with certain exceptions. It should be noted that the LEOSA does not limit or change any officer’s authority within their own state/jurisdiction from carrying or to where a firearm is carried “off duty” or “on duty” under their own state law.
In this course, you will learn:
• The overview of HR 218
• Allowances and restrictions under HR 218
• Aspects of civilian concealed carry and mindset
• Article 35 (Justification of Defense) details
• Firearm safety rules and instruction
• Range qualification
• A valid Retired LEO ID or proof of valid retired status.
• A minimum of two magazines or speed loaders
• 100 rounds of factory ammunition. No reloaded or hand-loaded ammunition.
• A quality belt mounted holster that covers the trigger guard.
• A holder or pouch for your magazines
• Eye and ear protection.
• A hat with a brim.
• Range-appropriate clothing (casual/range clothing).
Course Fee: $50.00
*Course is given twice a month call for dates and times.
Take a Course Now! – Contact Us
Florida Security & Firearms Training Inc.
705 Pondella Rd. #H
North Fort Myers, FL 33903